Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Facebook Post - I Love the Temple

I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to go to the Portland temple on Saturday. There are a few places where I can feel closer to my Heavenly Father and be at peace. I love what President Gordon B. Hinckley had this to say about temples:

"These unique and wonderful buildings, and the ordinances administered therein, represent the ultimate in our worship. These ordinances become the most profound expressions of our theology. I urge our people everywhere, with all of the persuasiveness of which I am capable, to live worthy to hold a temple recommend, to secure one and regard it as a precious asset, and to make a greater effort to go to the house of the Lord and partake of the spirit and the blessings to be had therein. I am satisfied that every man or woman who goes to the temple in a spirit of sincerity and faith leaves the house of the Lord a better man or woman. There is need for constant improvement in all of our lives. There is need occasionally to leave the noise and the tumult of the world and step within the walls of a sacred house of God, there to feel His spirit in an environment of holiness and peace."

As members of the church, we should do as President Hinckley said and get a temple recommend and work on attending the temple as much as possible. You will be blessed, just like President Hinckley promises.

For people who aren't members of the LDS faith, you can go see these beautiful temples and walk on the temple grounds. At some, there are visitor centers that you can learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and temples. You can also talk to the missionaries in your area!

I love temples. Being there has brought me so much peace and comfort and you can have peace as well. Live everyday in preparation for going to the temple and you will be blessed for doing so.



No comments:

Post a Comment