Monday, September 22, 2014

So...

Hey all,

So I don't have much to write home about. We are in a finding phase right now and we didn't see a lot of people. We knocked doors, we opened our mouths, did exchanges, worked as much as we could and we didn't have much come from it. There were a couple of things that happened that I do want to add

  • We were able to give one of our LDS neighbors a blessing. She was in so much pain that she could barely walk to knock on our door one morning. We were able to give her the blessing she needed and her back still hurts but she is able to move around and take care of her kids! 
  • We went tracting and knocked on this apartment door. A man opened up and told us he wasn't interested. We asked him if there was anything we could do for him and he told us to "lose the ties"! Haha sorry can't do that! 
  • We went and saw the Bradbury family and had a great visit with them! They are an awesome family! 
  • We did an exchange after zone conference and some of my pens and deodorant ended up in Orange jello when I got back! Haha it made for a good time! 
  • I did an exchange within an exchange! I was with Elder Johnson and he had to go teach a lesson in Spanish for another companionships investigators husband so I went with Elder Fetzer, who I came to the field with! 
So yeah, those were the highlights of my week. We had an awesome zone conference and I got to talk about the Holy Ghost! That was great because that morning I felt as though I was going to be sharing my talk on the Holy Ghost that I prepared a few weeks ago and lo and behold I did!

I'm going to end there. I want to share my testimony of this gospel. I'm grateful to be a missionary. I feel like David going against Goliath. He was a young man who knew how to protect the fold and he went to battle against a mighty giant who was bigger and stronger than he was and he came out on top. I don't know the scriptures as some people do. Yet I have been called by a prophet of the Lord to share what I know, just like David when he took off Sauls armor and headed into battle with his sling. We can do great things if we put our trust in the Lord. I know this is the true church. I know that joseph smith was called to be a prophet and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my Savior lives.

I love you all. I hope this week will be more productive and I'll have more to write about!

Love,

Elder Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment