Wednesday, May 21, 2014

snail mail: 21 May 2014

Dear Mom and Dad,

I finally did it!  I finally made it into the MTC to start my mission!  It has been a crazy day!  I met my companion Elder Provstgaard and we went and met our district which is mixed with the Toronto Canada Mission eh!  

I think the most humbling thing I experience today was hearing of the investigators talk about his experiences as a war photographer.  Through his stutter, I heard a man that has seen so much that one should not have experienced it.  He couldn't feel God in these war zones and refugee camps so he doesn't think there really is a loving God and that killed me.  I want to be able to love people like him and help them realize that God does truly love them and He cares for them.

Well, it is about 10:30 so I sure do love y'all and I already miss you.  I love this Gospel and I can't wait to share it for the next two years.

Elder Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment