Monday, August 25, 2014

Bummer!

Hey all!

Well three months have zoomed on by since I have been out on the mission! Pretty crazy that I am starting my third transfer this week! I seriously wish school would fly by like this haha!

Monday we had our luau and it was great! We had fried pig and lamb along with a lot of other goodies. We also played volleyball and football for a little bit. It was a lot of fun!

Tuesday we had zone conference in Eugene and not only did President and Sister Russell speak to us but so did Elder Brent Nielson of the First quorum of the Seventy and his wife. Everyone have fantastic insights and we had a good Q&A session at the end. The greatest thing, however, was that the Spirit in that meeting was present in our lesson with John later that night and it was incredible. We had started teaching him about the Atonement but it just didn't feel right. I thought the story of Nephi, who broke the cords that held him bound after praying for strength. Suddenly, all we could talk about was prayer and how important it was. It lead to us finding out John and Paul hadn't prayed to know the Book of Mormon was true. After the lesson, we challenged them to pray for a witness that the Book of Mormon was true and we both had the impression to ask them if we could do a kneeling prayer and they said yes. Paul said the prayer and in it asked to know if the Book of Mormon was true. After the prayer they both described feelings that comes with feeling the Holy Ghost. That whole time I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest from being so full! It was the greatest feeling I've ever had while teaching!

Wednesday was basically like a day of service for us. We did try to see some of the potentials we got from the sisters but we got nothing so we did service for a while at the Food bank and then helped Ben move some stuff out of the rafters of his barn. I love doing service so much!

Thursday we went and read some scriptures with Charley and spent most of our day walking around trying to see people and OYM but either we got dropped by some people or they weren't home. That night, however, brought us to tears and helped us remember why we love being missionaries. Maxx, a young man who is dating a young woman in the ward, has been investigating the Church since the beginning of this year and we taught him all the lessons and beyond those haha! We had to hand him over to the YSA elders and we would see him occasionally and encourage him. We got home and our phone went off. It was a text message from Maxx telling us that he is going to be baptized. Elder Flora and I were stunned. I hit my knees as soon as I heard Elder Flora read those words and then I reread them to make sure he wasn't messing with me. I thanked Heavenly Father for everything. We were again filled with joy from the Spirit and we cried a little, Elder Flora a little more than me haha! But yeah that is what happened! Pretty nuts! He thanked us for being there and what not so that made it more special!

Friday we did an exchange and Elder Barton came to Philomath. We tried seeing some potentials (we do that a lot) and Elder Barton got a call from President Russell telling him he was going to be a DL!

Saturday we got our transfer call and I am staying in Philomath and Elder Flora is going to Cottage Grove! We spent our day seeing people and teaching some lessons before going to the apartment and packing.

Sunday we had stake correlation and we got some news about the Chinese members and the possibility there so that was awesome. President Russell was also there! Elder Flora had to do laundry so we did that and saw more people and taught some member lessons.

And today I "cut the umbilical cord" and said good bye to Elder Flora. I have spent the day with Elder Johnson and I am waiting for Elder West to get here!

I love this gospel so so much. We talked about the enabling power of the Atonement and how it can literally be given strength to overcome trials in Zone Conference and it was so spiritual to realize how deep the Atonement goes. I know that Christ lives and that there is no doubt about the truthfulness of the gospel and that this is the only true church on the earth!

I love you all!

Elder Tonini

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment