Monday, March 3, 2014

First Contact from Mission President

OREGON EUGENE MISSION
55 West 29th Ave., Suite A
Eugene, Oregon 97405-3423

3 March 2014

Dear Elder Tonini,

Sister Young and I welcome you to the Oregon Eugene Mission.  We are thrilled to have you join the dedicated and obedient missionaries that serve here. Your mission will be a special time for you it will provide a foundation of faith and testimony for the remaining years of your life.

We are focused on Preach My Gospel in the Oregon Eugene Mission. This remarkable book will help you be better prepared; more spiritually mature and assist you in becoming a masterful and persuasive teacher.  As you humbly prepare to serve Him realize that more happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced or thought possible.

As you prepare for your service, the Lord will bless you; he will strengthen your capacity to do this great work.  Your testimony of the Savior will deepen as you read and embrace the Book of Mormon.  You will become a powerful and obedient missionary.

“And this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." (Alma 29: 9)

Whosoever ye shall send in my name…..shall have power to open the door of my kingdom unto any nation – even the Oregon Eugene Mission." (D&C 112:21)

We look forward to having you join Sister Young and me in this remarkable work and glory. May the Lord bless you as you prepare,

/s/ Mark A. Young
Mission President

No comments:

Post a Comment